Thursday, July 9, 2009

memento.


They say that reaching the age of 21 means being given the key to freedom, it's the age where life as an adult truly begins.

It’s been two years since I turned 21, but it feels longer than that. In between, I was blessed with the chance to experience living abroad in a country I couldn’t have chosen better, suffered a major heart break, got closer to a whole bunch of friends who happened to be in the same season of life as I was, ventured into a new sport, lost some of the fats that’d been with me since a mighty age of three, saw my mum through a career change after 27 years with the same company, and more recently, finally completed 18 years of education. Applying for jobs and deciding on my career path was another big decision to make, and I’m very thankful to be blessed with such an exciting opportunity ahead. These two years have been, I daresay, filled with occasions more momentous than my whole life put together.

Commencement is only 2 days away, and what lies after is yet another milestone in life waiting to be experienced. There are many unknowns, infinite possibilities, but one thing’s for sure – I know that it’s going to be good, because You are in it with me.

No comments: